- Bank smart
- Internet Banking
- Getting Started
Start banking online using Axis Bank. Axis Bank provides easy steps to start online banking. Assistance is available 24/7 for customers. Avail a variety of benefits and services by Axis through the online banking service. Hassle-free internet banking options makes banking with Axis Bank the best.
Scan Code for Axis Mobile
- Benefits for you
- Getting Started
- Fund Transfer
- Recharge, Pay Bills and Shop
- Got a query?
- Terms and Conditions
Internet Banking Registration
Axis Bank ensures hassle free internet banking registrations in just a few easy steps. Online banking is secure with the added two-step authentication system of Netsecure. Follow the below steps for Internet banking registration and start banking online.
Quick, easy steps to login and start banking online with ease
For Retail and NRI customers
- To access Internet Banking, you will have to first register for it. Click here to go to the login page and click on the “Register here” link to begin the registration. Keep your customer ID, KYC details and debit card handy. Also ensure that your registered mobile number and your registered email address are active.
- Enter either your customer ID or registered mobile number. The customer ID is mentioned in the welcome letter and also printed on your cheque book. You can also obtain your Customer ID by sending an SMS CUSTID to 56161600
- If you have a savings or current account with Axis Bank, you will next be displayed one or more out of the following options: Debit Card, OTP, Email link and KYC
- Choose one of the options and fill up the details to set your password and to complete your registration
- You can now login using one of the following options:
- Customer ID/login ID & Password
- Debit card number, ATM PIN, OTP
- Customer ID & mPIN
- Registered mobile number, mPIN & OTP
- For the first option in above step, you can login using an alphanumeric Login ID instead of the customer ID. You can create this Login ID only once by logging in to Internet Banking, going to My Profile ,and clicking on “Personalise your Login ID”
- When you login to Internet Banking for the first time after registration, you will have to set three security questions and their answers.
- If you have forgotten your password and want to reset it, you can click on “Reset Here” link in the login page to commence
- If you login incorrectly multiple times, your Internet banking access gets locked. To enable it, click on the “Enable Login ID” link in the login page to commence
Netsecure with SMS
- To register for NETSECURE with SMS, you must first ensure that your mobile number is registered with the Bank
- If you currently receive SMS Alerts from us on your mobile, it means that your mobile number is registered with the Bank. If not, please visit your nearest Axis Bank ATM or Branch to register your mobile number
- Once you have ensured that your mobile number is registered with us, log in to Axis Bank Internet Banking and choose "NETSECURE with SMS" option on the registration page. Your NETSECURE registration is now complete
Netsecure with 1-Touch Device
- You can generate Netsecure code using the 1-Touch device
- NETSECURE 1-Touch is a small device that generates a unique NETSECURE Code (a single usage password) every time a button on it is pressed and held
- This NETSECURE Code will have to be entered in addition to your login ID and password to login to Axis Bank Internet Banking
- Please note that you will be charged a one-time fee of Rs 1000 for the device, which is non-refundable
View Demo on Netsecure with 1-Touch. Click here For Netsecure with 1-Touch for a demo
Netsecure with Mobile App
You can generate Netsecure code using Mobile Netsecure App
How to Register
- You need to have mobile phone with Android or IOS
- Resident customers must ensure that their mobile no. is registered with Axis Bank
- NRI customers must ensure that their email id is registered with Axis Bank
- While login to Internet Banking you would get the option to choose Netsecure with SMS or Netsecure with Mobitoken, select “Netsecure with Mobile App” option on the registration page
- Existing NetSecure Users can switch to “NetSecure with Mobile App” using the switch Netsecure option by logging into Internet Banking ->Services->Other Services
- Install the “Axis Netsecure” app from the app store on your device
- Follow the steps on Internet Banking to complete the registration process
Use the right devices
You need to have mobile phone with Android version 4.3 and above or Iphone with iOS Version 6 and above to use Netsecure with Mobile App.
Carry out transactions carefully
- Five consecutive unsuccessful attempts to enter Netsecure code will disable your Netsecure code for the day.
- You will be able to access your account but will not be able to do any transaction which requires you to enter Netsecure code for validation.
- Netsecure will be enabled automatically after 24 hours.
Get your activation code
- Please note that the activation code is sent on the email id and mobile number registered with the Bank
- In case you have not received the activation code email, please check your email SPAM folder
Troubleshoot activation issues
If you have a problem during activation, it could be because of any of the following reasons
- Your data connectivity is switched off. Please check the data connectivity of your device and retry
- You are entering wrong activation code or your activation code has expired. In case the activation code has expired, you can retry app registration with a new serial no. in the app. The activation code will be valid for 15 minutes
- Your Verification SMS was not successfully sent. Please check your SIM Card validity and ensure that the verification sms is sent successfully before proceeding to the next step in the app registration
- In case of Token Verification failure for reasons other than above, please retry to register with a new serial no. on the app after some time. You can click on the top right menu button of the app and click “Get New S/N” for the new serial no.
Ensure enhanced online security with Adaptive Authentication
Understand the service
Axis Bank has introduced an enhanced security feature for all customers registered for NETSECURE (2 Factor Authentication) with SMS.
- You can set answers to any 3 questions of your choice as a one-time exercise.
- These answers will be known only to you and will be used for verification from time to time.
- This simple step for verification with these questions will secure your online account from fraudsters even if they gain access to your login credentials through other means like phishing etc.
In case you forget answers set earlier, you may reset using
- Usual Device : The device that is already used to set or verify questions
- Axis Bank ATMs: You can reset questions through our 17000+ ATMs (Locate Nearest ATM)
Reset questions through usual device
What do you mean by usual device?
Usual device is the device through which you have logged in to Internet Banking to set or verify your questions and answers.
Example: You logged in from your Home PC, set answers to 3 questions and confirmed it with OTP(one time password), then this becomes your usual device for Internet Banking. If you also login to Internet Banking through your office PC later, you will be prompted to answer a question. Once you answer correctly, this device also becomes your usual device for Internet Banking. As you bank online with your most used devices, these become your usual devices and thus questions are not prompted for verification when you login using any of these devices.
Reset questions through usual device
You can reset your questions through usual device in 3 simple steps
Step 1: Login to Internet Banking and go to My Profile section where your login ID is shown.
Step 2: Click on 'Reset Security Questions'
Step 3: Confirm the reset questions with an SMS OTP sent to your registered mobile
Please Note: You will get a success message that your questions and answers have been reset on the Internet Banking screen. An alert for the successful reset of questions will be sent to your registered mobile number. Now you can set new questions on your next login to Internet Banking.
Reset questions through ATM /Branch
How can I reset questions and answers through the ATM?
- Step 1: Visit an ATM and insert your debit card
- Step 2: Select 'Registration' menu on the right side of the ATM screen
- Step 3: Select 'Reset Questions'
- Step 4: Enter the mobile number for verification/ Re-enter the mobile number
- Step 5: Select 'Confirm and Proceed'
You can reset your questions through ATM in 5 simple steps
Please Note: You will get a success message on the ATM screen that your questions and answers have been reset. An alert for the successful reset of questions will be sent to your registered mobile number. Now you can set new questions on your next login to Internet Banking.
How can I reset questions and answers through the branch?
- Step 1: Visit Axis Bank branch and provide a written request for reset of questions
- Step 2: Branch will raise an SR for this request
- Step 3: The questions will be reset in a TAT of 1 day
You can reset your questions through Branches in 3 simple steps
Unblock a locked account
- If you enter incorrect answer, then your Internet Banking access will be locked after 4 incorrect attempts.
- This access will be automatically unlocked or enabled by 24:00 hours IST (midnight).
- Once your Internet Banking access is unlocked, you may login through your usual device or visit nearest Axis Bank ATM to reset your questions instantly.
- It may also be the case, that you do not have access to an Axis Bank ATM or your usual device.
- In such a situation, you may visit the branch to reset your answers.
- The TAT for reset of answers through the branch is 1 day.
Get your Customer ID
Your Customer ID is mentioned on the welcome letter and cheque book that is mailed to you post your account opening.
You can also SMS CUSTID <account-number> to 56161600 from your registered mobile number to get your Customer ID*.
* SMS charges as specified by your operator will apply for the SMS requests sent by you.
Financial transactions using Internet Banking
From savings to investment and from fund transfers to bill payment you can do all this and more using Internet Banking via your Axis Bank account. If you have not done it so far, here is a step-by-step process of some commonly used transactions to help you get started. Complete your banking transactions anytime, anywhere!
FD Opening process
- Log in using your Customer ID or Debit Card number.
- Go to Accounts->Deposits OR Click on Apply Now and go to FD/RD
- Click on “Open Now” for deposits.
- Click on “Open Now” for Fixed Deposits
- Key in the details such as time, tenure etc. under “Fixed Deposits Details”
- Enter the Nominee Details
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click on Confirm And it’s done!
Bill Payments - Internet Banking
- Login using your Customer ID or Debit Card number.
- select Payments > Pay Bills
- Select a biller from the list
- Key in and confirm the biller details and amount.
- Authenticate via your Netsucre code.
- Once added, biller details will reflect in the “Pay Bills” section.
- To see your payment history click ‘Payments’.
- Select Biller and Date range to get payment history
- You can also manage SMS and Email alerts for your
Make payments towards utilities, Insurance premium, Mutual Funds, Subscription, Donations, Credit card or Rental Payments instantly!
- Login using your User ID or Debit Card number.
- Go to Payments and click Recharges.
- Select from the three options:
- Choose from the list of registered billers.
- Choose from the options:
- Recharge History
Start a SIP
- Login using your User ID or Debit Card number
- Select Investments > Mutual Funds
- On the page for Mutual Funds. Click on Invest Now to proceed
- Browse from the Top SIP and Funds Page.
- The Bank will confirm your MF KYC status which is a pre-requisite to invest in Mutual Funds.
- Complete the FATCA declaration and key in other details.
- Set up your risk profile (this can be changed every 24 hours)
- Link your bank accounts for investment and proceed
- Key in the tenure, date, nominee details and amount to complete your transaction!
Convert credit card spends into EMI
- Login using your Customer id or Debit Card number.
- Browse through you Credit Card details for minimum amount due, due date and total amount due.
- Select your Credit Card
- Select Convert to EMI from the enlisted options
- Select the statement type – Current or Unbilled
- Select among the eligible transactions and click on ‘Convert to EMI'.
- Choose the tenure to spread your EMI over (6 to 24 months) to know your exact EMI amount and processing fee.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and confirm.
- Confirm the transaction via OTP sent to your registered mobile no.
Transfer funds instantly
- Login using your Customer ID or Debit Card number.
- Select Payments > Transfer Funds
- Select Add New Payee for first-time transactions
- Enter details and confirm Payee details such as Name, A/c No. IFSC code etc.
- For Axis Bank Accounts select Payment Type as ‘One Time’ or ‘Repetitive’
- Key in details for repetitive transactions (w.r.t. the frequency, amount and installments)
- And confirm the transaction via OTP. And it’s done! An E-receipt with the Reference ID is generated immediately, which can be downloaded or printed.
- For Other Bank’s Accounts, choose among payment via IMPS, NEFT or RTGS.
- In this case too, you can do a One Time Payment or set Repetitive Payment.
- If you use the Instant Money Transfer option, after selecting payee, enter the Amount and Create a PIN to confirm the payment.
- The payee will use the same PIN to withdraw cash within a given period of time.
Apply for an Instant Loan against your Credit Card
- Login using your Customer ID or Debit Card number.
- Browse through the list of all your credit cards with details such as minimum due, due date and total due.
- Select a card and from the options below choose Instant Loan.
- You will see the maximum loan amount you are eligible for, with the option to enter the required Loan Amount.
- Enter the Loan Amount and select the Tenure of your choice.
- After you select tenure you can see details of the loan such as amount, tenure, interest rate, EMI, processing fee. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You will receive an OTP. Verify the OTP and Confirm.
- You will get a message that the Loan Application has been submitted and will be processed in two working days.
Smart banking tools so
you can save time.
Compare to fit your budget
Find Nearest Branch
Progress with us Blog
How do I transfer money to another person who doesn’t have an Axis Bank account?
Lavanya was travelling out of the country on work....
Read More About Progress with us Blog3 min read
Subscribe Now View All Progress with us Blog
- Phone Banking
- Axis MobileBanking
- BHIM UPI AppBanking
- Axis OKBanking
As an expert in online banking and financial transactions, I can provide valuable insights into the concepts mentioned in the article about Axis Bank's Internet Banking. The content covers various aspects, including registration, security features, troubleshooting, and different types of transactions. Here's an overview of the key concepts discussed in the article:
Internet Banking Registration:
- Customers need to register for Internet Banking to access online banking services.
- Registration involves using customer ID, KYC details, and debit card information.
- Options for registration include Debit Card, OTP, Email link, and KYC.
- Customers can log in using various options, such as Customer ID/login ID & Password, Debit card number, ATM PIN, OTP, Customer ID & mPIN, and Registered mobile number, mPIN & OTP.
- Netsecure is a two-step authentication system ensuring secure online banking.
- Netsecure options include 1-Touch device, Mobile App, and SMS for generating codes.
Activation and Troubleshooting:
- Activation codes are sent to registered email and mobile number.
- Troubleshooting tips for activation issues, including checking data connectivity and verifying SMS delivery.
- Axis Bank introduces enhanced security with Adaptive Authentication.
- Customers set answers to three security questions, providing an additional layer of protection.
Resetting Security Questions:
- Customers can reset security questions through the usual device, Axis Bank ATMs, or branches.
- The usual device is the one used for login and verification.
Unlocking a Locked Account:
- Incorrect attempts may lock Internet Banking access temporarily.
- Automatic unlocking after 24 hours, or customers can visit an Axis Bank ATM or branch.
Getting Customer ID:
- Customer ID is mentioned on the welcome letter and cheque book.
- Customers can also obtain Customer ID via SMS.
- The article provides a step-by-step guide for various financial transactions, including FD opening, bill payments, recharge, starting a SIP, converting credit card spends into EMI, and instant fund transfers.
Smart Banking Tools:
- The article mentions the availability of smart banking tools to save time and compares them to fit the budget.
This comprehensive guide from Axis Bank covers the entire spectrum of Internet Banking, ensuring customers have a seamless and secure online banking experience. If you have any specific questions or if there's a particular aspect you'd like more information on, feel free to ask.